Vinyasa Krama is the system connecting with the rhythm and cycles of energy through movement and breath cultivating a landscape of evolved consciousness
Vinyasa Krama represents the way nature works; always changing and unfolding with purpose. It breaks the habit of viewing the world around you as being random and leaves a lasting imprint on the mind
The principles you will learn in this training will change the way you see your practice, the way you see the reach of yoga and your ability to bring a quality of clarity and sophistication to your teaching in the most exceptional way possible
You will learn to weave the principles of Samkhya Philosophy (philosophical study of the world from unmanifest to manifest), Hatha Yoga, and the principles of Ayurveda into a complete system of teaching
You will learn the energetics of sequencing and the unique effects it has on balancing the body/mind
You will learn how to access energy to change the flow of your life in a positive direction
Vinyasa Krama in Sanskrit means an intelligent sequencing of events from beginning to end. In Yoga it is a sequence of postures and breath where each movement flows to the next and every breath supports the movement and every movement supports the breath. This course is a study on how to weave an intelligent theme of movement, breath, & meditation into a seamless fabric and create an energetic outcome that addresses the different aspects of our being.
Inspired by personal practice and connected to the lineage of the great Sri T. Krishnamacharya you will learn to share Yoga as a healing and wellness modality with prana as the center piece.
- This course is a combination of lecture content and practices. Each practice and the sequence of lectures builds on the one before
- Based on Sri T. Krishnamacharya’s unique categories of poses you will study how to work with energy to influence the following family of poses: Extensions, laterals, twists, forward bends, back bends and inversions
- You will learn the biodynamics of movement and how different conditions in the body/mind require different approaches to Yoga practice
- We will do an in-depth study of the five Koshas (the five sheaths or layers of our being) to understand how we can work with the energy body to influence the physical body and the mental body, in Yoga practice
- Working with the science of Ayurveda you will learn how to create sequences to address the energetic conditions of Vata type, Pitta type and Kapha type
- You will study the teachings on the Gunas from Samkhya philosophy and apply them to your new knowledge of energetic sequencing
- You will be introduced to a wide variety of meditation, pranayama, mantra and mudra techniques
- There will be peer reflections and discussions after each practice to acknowledge how the practices affected you on the level of the physical body, mental body, energetic body and spiritual body
- Practicum: You will work with your peers to create energetic sequences that will be peer reviewed
- There is a distance learning component and personal practice component
- How to design the most effective practices possible to accommodate a wide variety of students and levels of ability while working towards a specific energetic outcome. This means being able to address a wide variety of classes such as mixed level group classes or individual sessions
- There is a way of sequencing a practice that maximizes biomechanical safety. You will learn how to craft a sequence in the most effective way possible to ensure the long-term health of your students and yourself
- You will finish this training with the confidence to build theme based energetic practices that are linked with consistency in the asana instruction, breath instruction, guided savasana and meditation
- You will learn the full scope of yoga so you can impart just how far and wide the potential of yoga is, to touch your life and the lives of your students
- Central to this experience is learning about yourself, not from the outside but from the deep well of wisdom within each of us
- Yoga practitioners with a deep desire to delve into the ancient teachings, and, Yoga Teachers with a 200–hour teacher training certificate
- Required reading material: The Heart of yoga, T.K.V Desikachar
About Your Teacher
Uriel MacGillivary E-RYT 500 Hour, Reiki Master
Uriel is a yoga teacher, an entrepreneur, and a leader of transformational Yoga teacher trainings and retreats across the Globe. She is the founder of Shanti Yoga Studios and the Shanti Traditional School of Yoga based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Having held senior management and marketing roles in Corporate Canada for twenty years she answered the call to become a yoga teacher. A life-changing journey to India to study the ancient teachings would transform her life. Overnight she walked away from everything that she knew and started a phase in her life that would take her on the adventure of a lifetime.
Stepping into her true purpose she recognized that students longed for the same deep transformation in their lives. Her studios and teaching philosophy are guided by the values of the time-honored wisdom teachings of the yoga tradition.
Led by masters such as the late Georg Feurerstein, of the Traditional School of Yoga and world-renowned yoga and meditation teacher Rod Stryker she is a student for life. Having studied Tantra, Vinyasa Krama, and Iyengar yoga, she brings a multi-disciplinary approach to her teaching.
My vision is clear she says: “I believe in the power of yoga to transform lives and inspire students to awaken their souls calling”.
Dates, Times & Location
Vinyasa Krama~The Integration of Movement, Prana & Mind Training
Shanti Yoga Dartmouth
Regular Students: $850+hst ($950+hst after TBD)
Shanti YTT Grads: $750+hst ($850+hst after TBD)
$100 non-refundable deposit paid upon registration
Fee & Refund Details
- $100 non-refundable deposit upon registration.
- Cancellations made within 14 days before the course start date are non-refundable.
Cash, Cheque, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard or Debit.
Payment plans available upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org