· Have you been searching for a way to support deeper healing for your students?
· Are you curious about the blending of modern neurophysiology
and ancient, time tested practices?
· Do you want to offer classes to your students that are needed
to support them at a deeper level?
If you answered YES to any of these questions
this training is for you!
Why is Yoga Nidra an important practice for modern times?
- Our minds and energy have become dull due to the effects of modern day living. Yoga Nidra is a powerful antidote for this malaise.
- The healing power of Yoga Nidra practices are needed to calm our constant state of stimulation, noise and information.
- These practices are a gift for any yoga student today.
Yoga nidra, also known as yogic sleep, is a deep relaxation practice rooted in the tantric tradition. There are four primary uses for this practice: healing, improved cognition, transformation and spiritual awakening.
This 20-hour teacher training will provide practices and techniques focused on healing and transformation- providing a strong practical foundation to enable yoga teachers to design their own yoga nidra classes. Each section will include theory as well as physical movement and yoga nidra practices.
- Understand the four states of consciousness and how to reshape the unconscious mind
- Understand the concept of dharma and engage in some specific exercises to help you achieve your purpose in life
- How the koshas impact the practices of yoga nidra
- How to work with the powerful yogic model of the mind, samskaras and sankalpa
- The connection of the central nervous system, neurophysiology, and sleep
- Seven yoga nidra practices
- Experience the layering and depth of consecutive yoga nidra practices
- Expand your knowledge and experience of tantric texts and practices
- Develop your confidence and capability to lead yoga nidra practices
- Learn how to weave neurophysiology and ancient practices and contextualize them for today
- Teachers in training or teachers who have completed a 200 hour yoga training
- Yoga Students who want to expand their knowledge of yoga nidra practice
Teachers enrolled in the 300/500 Hour YTT will receive 20 hours CE credits with Yoga Alliance.
About Your Teacher
Dorothy Spence, 200, 500 Hours & Level 1 Parayoga Certified
Dorothy’s longtime love affair with yoga started with her first downward facing dog over 12 years ago. She is a “yoga geek” and is constantly studying, talking and integrating yoga’s wisdom and philosophy into her everyday life.
She is a 200, 500 hour and Level 1 Parayoga certified yoga teacher. She continues her tantric hatha yoga studies with Yogarupa Rod Stryker of ParaYoga and is an Ayurveda Yoga Specialist through The Himalayan Institute.
With an engineering degree and a Masters in Business Administration, Dorothy is a business adviser with Shirlaws Canada.
Dates, Times & Location
Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Level 1
2020 dates coming soon!
Shanti Yoga Bedford
Regular Students: $425 ($ after TBD)
YTT Grads: $395+hst
$100 non-refundable deposit due upon registration | Balance due TBD.
Fee & Refund Details
- All programs are non refundable.
- Cancellations made prior to 14 days before the course start date will be given an account credit.
Cash, Cheque, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard or Debit.
Payment plans available upon request. Contact email@example.com